AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fastest/cheapest bayer demosaic to h264 pipeline on imx6q

Question asked by Philippe De Muyter on Nov 8, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 by Yuri Muhin

Hello all,

I use the latest Freescale linux version (4.1.15_1.2.0_ga) on a custom imx6q board, modeled after the SabreSD one, equipped with a 1280x1024 parallel 8-bit Bayer sensor connected to a CSI.  I am able to acquire images from that sensor up to a 60 fps framerate.  I'd like to convert the stream coming from that sensor into a h264 stream.  I know h264 is implemented in hardware in the VPU and I can use it through the 'imxvpuenc_h264' gstreamer plugin available at GitHub - Freescale/gstreamer-imx: GStreamer 1.0 plugins for i.MX platforms .  However I am still struggling with the Bayer to I420 conversion needed to feed imxvpuenc_h264.  I have read on different threads here mentions of GPU 3D shader, the code at  Efficient, High-Quality Bayer Demosaic Filtering on GPUs, virtual frame buffers and promising performances, but I have not found a clear description of the gstreamer pipe-line used (or any other method not involving gstreamer) for that conceptually simple and widespread task.  Of course I can make a gstreamer pipeline using standard gstreamer plugins but the performances are very poor .  Can someone enlighten me ?  Thanks in advance

Outcomes