How to enter console and login while booting with linux-mfgtool-initramfs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enter console and login while booting with linux-mfgtool-initramfs?

linhdong
Contributor II

Dear everybody,

I'm trying to use fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs to run small application on RAM by MFGTool but I don't know how to press Ctrl-C and login to linux initramfs to run my application manually.

In the attachment file is script for mfgtool to flash linux-mfgtool-initramfs to my imx6dl-sabresd board.

Could you please give me a suggestion for this problerm? thanks !

Original Attachment has been moved to: ucl2.xml.zip

4 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please follow these suggestions:
https://community.nxp.com/thread/301459
regarding to ramdisk as Kane suggested. It should help.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

linhdong
Contributor II

Hi Kane Jiang,

Thanks for your reply. As your suggestion, we can flash rootfs.tar.bz into ramfs and run it directly, right?

I just want to test on ram without flash to eMMC. I have edited and changed to flash rootfs but it can't boot.

old :     <CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx6dl.cpio.gz.u-boot" address="0x12C00000"
        loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Initramfs.</CMD>

new:

<CMD state="BootStrap" type="load" file="rootfs.tar.bz2" address="0x12C00000"
        loadSection="OTH" setSection="OTH" HasFlashHeader="FALSE" >Loading Initramfs.</CMD>

I don't know how to build rootfs.cpio.gz.u-boot.

0 Kudos

jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi linh dong,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your question, it may be correct for file="fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx6dl.cpio.gz.u-boot".

The following link has some useful information , but I understand that you may still having problems.

IMX6 - booting to a roofts on ramdisk (Boundary Sabre-lite)? 

All the best

Kane Jiang

jian_jiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi linh dong,

I think you may need to flash rootfs to login to the linux.

All the best

Kane Jiang

0 Kudos