Can Pins Tool for iMX export IOMUX xml?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Pins Tool for iMX export IOMUX xml?

MichaelV
Senior Contributor II

We have created tools that read and process IOMux xml output that we can now not use anymore because the IOmux tool has been deprecated by NXP.

After installing the new pins tool I have found that this tool does not export enough information to allow our tools to generate the files we need.

It would be absolutely great, from a backwards compatibility view, if Pins Tool can import and. most importantly, export IOMux style xml.

I've seen that in the installation folder \mcu_data\components\PinConnect\Drivers\i.MX\scripts\pins there are some java scripts that are used to export data.

Can/will NXP add "export to IOmux xml" functionality to the Pins Tool?

Has anybody done this already?

Is there anybody here we can hire to create this functionality for us?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As far as know there are no such plans. Sorry for the inconvenience.
However you can write simple script that converts exported CSV file into XML format.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

MichaelV
Senior Contributor II

However you can write simple script that converts exported CSV file into XML format.

No, we can't... The problem is that the Pins tool does not export enough information! There is no way to export in any format that will give us all the information we need (as we had in the IOmux xml).

An example:

Open the pins tool, select the i.MX6 Quad, click on peripherals, select ECPI1 -> miso, route to DISP0_DAT22.

Now, the info we need to be able to generate code to setup this pin is:

1. Pad name
  2. Alt mode
  3. SION (2 and 3 together is SW_MUX_CTL_PAD_XXX)
  4. HYS, PUS, PUE, PKE, etc (all together SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_XXX)
  5. Daisy chain register
  6. Daisy chain value
  7. PAD to GPIO connection (what GPIO is this pad if we configure it for ALT5)

The IOmux xml had all this info included (apart from item 7, but that was easy to get by selecting all GPIOs and saving that xml).

If we export to csv using the pins tool we get:

V24;DISP0_DAT22;;;;GPIO5_IO16(GPIO5,gpio,16);;IPU1_DISP0_DATA22(IPU1,disp0_dat,22)/IPU2_DISP0_DATA22(IPU2,disp0_dat,22);;ECSPI1_MISO(ECSPI1,miso);;;;AUD4_TXFS(AUDMUX,aud4_txfs);;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;ECSPI1_MISO

So, we can extract the info listed in item 1 and item 7, but we are missing the info from item 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

The pins tool is in that respect a step backwards...

Would it be possible for NXP to add the missing information to the csv export? Also; it is really not necessary to export all pins. Why not just export the selected pins?

Or even better; why not implement plugin support so we can write our own export plugins?

0 Kudos