How to recover T1042D4RDB after flash rootfs corruption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover T1042D4RDB after flash rootfs corruption

sjainjain
Contributor I

I have a Freescale T1042D4RDB-64bit eval kit. I was trying to program the NOR flash with JFFS2 format rootfs. Basically I tried the steps mentioned in Section 8.8.1 of QorIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-Rev0.pdf. First I copied JFFS2 image into flash through u-boot and then went on to do the steps to test NOR JFFS2 support to boot up kernel and mount JFFS2 filesystem. Once the Linux came up, I tried to mount JFFS2 on /dev/mtdblock0. It gave me error "jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00260054: 0xffff instead".

At this instance I did a "reboot" on linux shell. The console output got stuck and it never recovered. I have done power cycle after that but I don't see any output on the console terminal. I can hear fans, and see system LEDs, but the console terminal is totally blank. Is there a way I can recover the device?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try to boot from the alternate NOR Flash bank by setting SW3[5]=OFF - i.e.:

SW1 0001 0011 ON ON ON OFF ON ON OFF OFF
SW2 1011 1001 OFF ON OFF OFF OFF ON ON OFF
SW3 1110 1001 OFF OFF OFF ON OFF ON ON OFF

If this will not help it will be required to reprogram the NOR Flash using CodeWarrior Flash Programmer with the image provided in the "QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 PPC64E5500 IMAGE.iso".

sjainjain
Contributor I

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried changing to alternate bank, but still no display on the console. Before trying CodeWarrior do you think SD boot can recover the board?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, this also could be possible.

0 Kudos