Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsecuring MC9S12XEP100MAG

Jump to solution
zegeyealemu
Contributor III

Good Afternoon All,

I tried to program the MC9S12XEP100 device with a wrong S19 file and ended up securing it.

In order to unsecure the device I used the following utility, P&E_Multilink_USB_Erase_unsecure_hcs12xe.cmd, but this seems not to work. I have used this utility for the 80 pin (MC9S12XEQ512) device previously and has worked well. I assume that there is probably another similar executable that I can use. Would you please let me know if a similar type of utility exist or any other solution.

Thank you in advance for your continuous help and support.

Best regards,

Ziggy

Labels (1)
1 Solution
zegeyealemu
Contributor III

Good Morning,

I was able to unsecure the device from the debugger (menu HC12MultilinkCyclonePro -> Unsecure...).

Thanks,

Ziggy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zegeyealemu
Contributor III

Good Morning,

I was able to unsecure the device from the debugger (menu HC12MultilinkCyclonePro -> Unsecure...).

Thanks,

Ziggy

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ziggy,

The menu HC12MultilinkCyclonePro -> Unsecure... just run the P&E_Multilink_USB_Erase_unsecure_hcs12xe.cmd command file.

The next option is using specific unsecure utility from PEmicro:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=16

Unsecure_12 Help Files:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=14

Note: For downloading is necessary registration.

Please look at S12(X) MCU Security document for more details about Security feature at S12XE.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos