cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which linux tag is used for imx6ul-evk

tony-tony
Contributor III

Hello:

I have a imx6ul-evk demo board, now, I want to build a linux platform on it. but I don't want to use yocto to build the kernel. So, I need download the kernel from Freescale Public GIT .

first, I get the kernel from "git://git.freescale.com/auto/linux.git", I can't find some *.dts files about imx6ul. and also, it cause some problem while starting the kernel.

the question is : if I use imx6ul,and use linux-4 version, where I can find the suitable kernel?

TKS

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

tony-tony
Contributor III

I find the root cause, the source code should git clone from git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git. I select "linux-2.6-imx-rel_imx_4.1.15_1.2.0_ga".

if using imx6ul board, you should modify the defconfig file, because the default setting of CONFIG_SOC_IMX6UL is no,  change it to yes. 

so the kernel can bring up.

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Follow the attached document to build a custom image for your i.MX6UL EVK board.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tony-tony
Contributor III

Which document ? the document under "fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_1.1.0-ga“ folder,and if I build the kernel, I should  "make imx_v6_v7_defconfig" is it right? 

0 Kudos