Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

duanemattern
Contributor III

Good question.  

WRITES0COMMENT "123comment"      

by itself would not work for me.

Maybe someone at Freescale/NXP/Qualcomm can comment on this and provide an example of how to put a comment into the S0 record.

http://sites.fas.harvard.edu/~cscie287/spring2016/srecord.html

S0 Record.  The address field is unused and will be filled with zeros (0x0000). The header information within the data field is divided into the following subfields.

mname is char[20] and is the module name.
ver is char[2] and is the version number.
rev is char[2] and is the revision number.
description is char[0-36] and is a text comment.
0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I searched some older answers about this topis and it seems WRITES0COMMENT is not implemented for MPC56xx family microcontrollers. I found this feature was available for ColdFire and DSC microcontrollers.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

duanemattern
Contributor III

They are asking about how to use the "WRITES0COMMENTS"  linker-command-file directive in CodeWarrior for MCU V10.5 (Eclipse), so that they can insert a comment at the beginning of an S-Record (the .mot file generated by the compiler).  This is documented in section 14.7.18 of CWMCUCFMPRE.pdf, the code warrior for mcu reference.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/ref_manual/CWMCUCFCMPREF.pdf#page=165 

WRITES0COMMENT

Inserts an S0 comment record into an S-record file.

WRITES0COMMENT "comment"

Parameter

comment

Comment text: a string of alphanumerical characters  0-9 , A-Z, and a-z, plus space, underscore, and dash characters. Double quotes must enclose the comment string. (If youomit the closing double-quote character, the linker tries to put the entire LCF into the S0comment.)

Remarks

This command, valid only in an LCF sections segment, creates an S0 record of the form:

S0aa0000bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbdd

• aa - hexadecimal number of bytes that follow
  • bb - ASCII equivalent of comment
  • dd - the checksum

This command does not null-terminate the ASCII string.  Within a comment string, do not use these character sequences, which are reserved for LCF comments: # /* */ //

Example

This example shows that multi-line S0 comments are valid:

WRITES0COMMENT "Line 1 comment

Line 2 comment"

0 Kudos

llb8530
Contributor II

thank you .

but i don,t know how to use the command in the lcf file.

Can you give a example about the command .

Add the command in the lcf ,always make  error.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

could you please write your question once again in English language. This is international community and official language is English. I am not able to understand your question when it is written in Chinese.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos