Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirty COW

Jump to solution
andreyreyes
Contributor II

Hi i.MX Community,

I noticed there was a BSP/Linux release from NXP on 2016-10-10, "L4.1.15_2.0.0", but the kernel fix for Dirty COW was committed on 2016-10-18.

I just started working on an SABRE board (IMX6Q-SDB) and I am new to NXP, board bring-up and Yocto. With that said, these are my questions:

• Does NXP provide security updates?
  • I kind of have the feeling this is something I am going to have to patch myself somehow in Yocto but my searches haven't return anything meaningful on fixing dirty COW in Yocto.
    • Any guidance on this?
    • Would it work if I just patch the kernel like they did here?

Thanks,

-Andrey Reyes-

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Does NXP provide security updates?

A. No, we do not provide the general kernel-related security updates by ourselves.

Q. Would it work if I just patch the kernel like they did here?

A. I think Yes.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. Does NXP provide security updates?

A. No, we do not provide the general kernel-related security updates by ourselves.

Q. Would it work if I just patch the kernel like they did here?

A. I think Yes.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos