cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using QorIQ SDK 2.0 to build non-Linux executables

Jump to solution
kurtehrhardt
Contributor II

Can the QorIQ SDK v2.0 be used to build stand alone executables (non-Linux) for the QorIQ processors?  Plan to install the QorIQ SDK v2.0 on a Debian Linux distro and use the gcc toolchain to build executables.  Just want to use the gcc C/C++ toolchain with NXP tweaks for the T1042 instead of the vanilla PPC-eabi from gcc.gnu.org.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kurtehrhardt
Contributor II

This is exactly what I am looking for.  I have my own embedded kernel and do not use the C library functions in my application.  I can handle the C startup code as well.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Using the SDK one can build bare metal applications like u-boot, Linux Kernel. But it is possible because they do not need C library and they implement C library functions they need. So in general the QorIQ SDK v2.0 be can used to build stand alone executables (non-Linux) for the QorIQ processors but you have to avoid using functions from the standard C/C++ library.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kurtehrhardt
Contributor II

This is exactly what I am looking for.  I have my own embedded kernel and do not use the C library functions in my application.  I can handle the C startup code as well.  Thank you.

0 Kudos