Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kl25z spi 9 bits to transmit

Jump to solution
raphaelperun
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm using the FRDM-KL25Z and want to communicate with HMC6300 transmitter.

Here is the time diagram I should produce to have a communication with the component:

spi_diagram.png

As you can see, I need to send 18 bits using MOSI pin to communicate with the component. 18 is not a multiple of 8 so I don't know what to do with the component to send twice 9 bits or thrice 6 bits.

Is there a way to produce such time diagram with the KL25Z?

Thank you,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI raphael perun,

The diagram you post is not the standard SPI wave, and unfortunately, the KL25 just support 8 bit frame.

So, if you want to communicate with this type serial wave, you may need to use the IO to simulate it.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have problem, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI raphael perun,

The diagram you post is not the standard SPI wave, and unfortunately, the KL25 just support 8 bit frame.

So, if you want to communicate with this type serial wave, you may need to use the IO to simulate it.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have problem, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos