PCF8883 Detailed Current Consumption Profile?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCF8883 Detailed Current Consumption Profile?

curtishendrix
Contributor I

I'm working on a very low power device.  Target average current consumption is 14uA.  I saw the PCF8883 has an idle current consumption down in the 2-3uA range, but I cannot find any information about the PCF8883 active current consumption, and what the active state is.

Is "active" state when the output OUT is active? How long does the "active" state last if it is not when OUT active? What's the current consumption when the device is active?  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Curtis,

Maybe these solutions could answer your doubts:

• If you want to know the current consumption of the device. That current depends of the applied VDD. If you apply 5V, you are going to have a typical IDD from 5uA. If you apply 3V, you are going to have a typical IDD from 3.3uA.
  • If you want to know the input current from the sensing area. That current depends directly from the capacitance that you have on that sensing area.
  • If you want to know the output current. This device has a typical output current from 30mA.

Moreover, The active state of the PCF8883 depends on the mode that you are working. For example, if you are using the push-button mode, the output of the device is going to be active as long the capacitive event last, plus the switching time. Where this switching time is determined by the temperature and the CLIN that you are using. You could see how the switching time varies on the figure 11,12 and 13 from the datasheet. 

I hope this information answers your doubts.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos