PMIC Partnumber : MMPF0100F6AEP not getting 5V output from Boost regulator.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC Partnumber : MMPF0100F6AEP not getting 5V output from Boost regulator.

ramesh6663
Contributor III

We are using i.MX6 solo processor and PMIC Partnumber : MMPF0100F6AEP for our Design.
As per PMIC datasheet F6 part series by default output value should be 5V. But we are not getting 5V output from Boost regulator (SWBSTLX) pin. we are getting our input voltage after drop from diode D16. Please help us to fix this issue.

Please see below PMIC circuitry.

Thanks & Regards,

Rameshkumar

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
4 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Rameshkumar,

Parasitic leakage path for a boost regulator causes the SWBSTOUT and SWBSTFB voltage to be a Schottky drop below the input voltage whenever SWBST is disabled, so, according to your comments we can confirm that the SWBST output is disabled.

Now, MMPF0100F6AEP pre-programmed version of the PMIC is disabled by default, SWBST_VOLT is configured to be 5.0V, however, SWBST_SEQ is OFF, which caused the Boost regulator to remain OFF. This can be confirmed on Table 10 of the datasheet:

F6 version.png

SWBST_SEQ[4:0] bits on register “OTP SWBST SEQ” (0xBD) should not be all zeros in order to enable the 5V boost regulator.

PMIC circuit seems to be correct.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ramesh6663
Contributor III

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your quick response.

Thanks & Regards,

Rameshkumar

0 Kudos

eminkoç
Contributor I

Hi Jose,

I have the same problem with PF3000A7 . I've searched the datasheet to find a way to enable the boost regulator but I got confused.

As I understand from your answer we can't enable that boost regulator changing registers because the register "OTP SWBST SEQ" is pre-programmed and can't be re-programmed. Am I right? If so, is there no other way to enable the boost regulator on A7 version?

Thanks.

Emin Koç

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Emin Koç,

It is true that PF3000A7 is a pre-programmed version of the PMIC, however, it can be re-programmed for this SWBST enabling just by writing into the SWBST_SEQ[2:0] bits on register “OTP SWBST SEQ” (0xBD), it should not be all zeros in order to enable the 5V boost regulator.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!