Hello, ​ ​I have an LS1021A kit and all the guide lines + sw that follows with it. ​ ​I have now installed YOCTO (came together with the kit)and that works fine.I also installed the standalone crosscompiler and that also is ok. ​I am able to to $CC and c

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, ​ ​I have an LS1021A kit and all the guide lines + sw that follows with it. ​ ​I have now installed YOCTO (came together with the kit)and that works fine.I also installed the standalone crosscompiler and that also is ok. ​I am able to to $CC and c

tonymoseby
Contributor II

Hello,

I have an LS1021A kit and all the guide lines + sw  that follows with it.

I have now installed YOCTO (came together with the kit)and that works fine.I also installed the standalone crosscompiler and that also is ok.
I am able to to $CC and compile a single test .c file.

Now I tried to install eclipse plugin to be able to develop my own apllication,the eclipse installation itself goes ok.And I followed the guide line to 100%.
How ever when I try to build  no matter what i get "no rule to make target".

Can you help on getting this work? or can you propose another way of compile my own application ? MY own application comprehends quite many files so using $CC is not possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Tony, Adrian

I am just curious if you are discussing for LS1021A or LS1012 ?

One of you seems to have mentioned ARMv8. I just wanted

to make sure the discussion is for the right SoC (or perhaps

concerning CW and Eclipse, the SoC type do not matter).

Regards

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

tonymoseby
Contributor II

Hello,

It is Ls1021A, and armv7.

I looked a the logfile from eclipse and the problem seems to depend on the following:

see below.I hope there is some expert on yocto who can help.

Looks like I am missing some files....

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

compilation terminated.
configure:3269: $? = 1
configure:3258: arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a7 --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-fsl-linux-gnueabi -qversion >&5
arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'
arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
configure:3269: $? = 1
configure:3289: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3311: arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -mtune=cortex-a7 --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-fsl-linux-gnueabi  -g -O0  --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking  --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking  --sysroot=/opt/fsl-networking conftest.c  >&5
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find -lc
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find crtend.o: No such file or directory
/opt/fsl-networking/sysroots/i686-fslsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi/4.8.3/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3315: $? = 1
configure:3353: result: no
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "pink"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "pink"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.1.0"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "pink 0.1.0"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE_URL ""
| #define PACKAGE "pink"
| #define VERSION "0.1.0"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:3358: error: in `/home/guia/workspace/pink':
configure:3360: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details

0 Kudos

tonymoseby
Contributor II

HI,

Not quite, CW and eclipse are  very different, and I followed the eclipse plugin instalation to 100%.

Someone who can give give a more useful instruction?

Thanks

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CodeWarrior for ARMv8 is based on eclipse 4.5.1 (Mars). The steps from above documents are similar even if eclipse Mars or newer is used.

Adrian

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can refer to Building Uboot using CodeWarrior for ARMv8 and https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-332778 . Both docs can be applied for any eclipse.

Adrian

0 Kudos