Flash/debug configurations with separate linker maps

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash/debug configurations with separate linker maps

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I have a question, probably kind of an advanced thing for KDS.  Here's the lowdown.  We use LOTS of different build configurations, but they all have similar post-build steps.  We split off a separate memory region and generate two S-records, one with the Kinetis flash and one with an external EEPROM region.  As we found out recently, when we added a second external EEPROM region, the debugger had problems with these "fake" memory regions appearing in the ELF.  One easy solution is make a separate debug configuration which uses a different linker map which has these memory regions set to NOLOAD.  That still works, and there are no crashes.

The downside to making the separate debug/flash configurations is if any settings have to change, we would have to make sure the settings match exactly between the two.  The other problem we've noticed is keeping the .cproject file in sync as build configurations are added.

Is there a nice way (without writing out all the command line switches manually) of invoking the linker in the post-build steps and just having it re-link with a different linker map?  That way, we could have one build configuration which could still generate all the S-records we need, but it could create a different ELF in the end with the "debug" linker map?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

From i know , it seems there isn't this function for KDS to generate two s19 files .

While maybe Erich Styger Employee know this clearly .

Hi Erich Styger Employee , could you please help ? Thanks !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos