Having some problems with writing in the flash from an LPC 54114 over ISP using I2C.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some problems with writing in the flash from an LPC 54114 over ISP using I2C.

jakob_hbln
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have some issues with my LPC 54114 Board trying to program the flash over I2C.

In my application I am calling the reinvoke ISP command and set it to I2C.

Afterwards I can speak to the LPC over I2C. I get the version (AW is 55 A1 02 00 80 01) and I can read pages. I am able to write pages to the flash but not page 0 and I have to reduce the CLK speed to 10 kbit/s (Datasheet say CLK speed is able up to 1 MHz). So the earliest address I can write to is the 0x00000100. CRP is not active, address 0x000002FC has the value 0xFFFFFFFF.

Since my host system is low on memory I tried to write sub blocks but here I always get the answer: 55 AD 04 00 0C 00 00 00 (Insufficient number of parameters or invalid parameter).

My subblk looks like that:

AD 83 01 00 (128 Byte Data) 00 00 00 00 // I also tried with 81 as first subblk byte.

To create the image I use the LPCXpresso v8.1.4 IDE and uncomment the post build steps to generate a binary.

Since my image looks the same like the flash I wonder if I just can start to program at address 0x00000100 or if I need the first 256 bytes as well?

Also I would be glad if it is possible to increase the CLK speed, maybe anyone has some ideas here?

Thank you very much in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jakob Hille,

I was wondering if you can describe the detail steps of the implementation, then I can replicate the issue on my site.

So I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos