AnsweredAssumed Answered

Getting Started with the QorIQ LS1046A Reference Design Board

Question asked by Mark Sample on Oct 21, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 by ufedor

Hello,

A customer just received the LS1046A Reference Design Board and has a few question that I was not able to help with.

Questions:

0. Are there instructions for installing the BSP? I downloaded the file from the NXP website, but the install shell script seems to be referring to an ISO image that I cannot find. The document titled "QorIQ LS1046A BSP v0.4" specifices an ISO image called  "QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-SOURCE-20160527-yocto.iso" and I cant find that.

1. It looks like there is space for a 2.5” SATA drive in the enclosure. Can I install an SSD like the Samsung 850 PRO 256GB in there? Is there anything special that needs to be done in Linux to use this SSD?

2. The fans are extraordinarily loud! I would like to replace the fans with quieter ones. What is the minimum airflow rate for the RDB?

3. On page 23 of the BSP documentation(cited below),  it mentions an image called “fsl-image-full” as a good place to start. 

The file system images contain the programs, scripts, and other files that make up Linux user space. There are five standard images. They are described in the following sections. In the SDK installation directory, look in meta-freescale/recipes-fsl/images for files that define these images. Where to start: “fsl-image-full” contains a rich set of standard Linux features and all special NXP SDK-specific features. It is the best starting point for exploration and evaluation.

Where can I find "fsl-image-full"?

Thanks!

Mark

Outcomes