MPC860 with BDM interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC860 with BDM interface

jieyan
Contributor I

My board is MPC860 with only BDM interface(NO JTAG). It is a bare metal board. I have CodeWarrior USB TAP DPI probe (10 pins, the BDM interface on the board is 10 pins too). The board is tested by other tool.

This is the first time I try to use CodeWarrior. I cannot connect to my board by CodeWarrior. I try the hardware diagnostics, the error message is "Please check your JTAG clock speed" and ": --------------------
Hardware Diagnostics: CCSProtocolPlugin::Could not connect to the requested core core #0."

I want to know if CodeWarrior support BDM debug? Why the CodeWarrior think it is JTAG not BDM?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To check USB TAP clock configuration, please open

"Edit" - "Preferences" - "Remote Connections" - "CodeWarrior USB TAB" - "Change"

In "Interface Clock Frequency" it will be "4.03 MHz" (in my case).

In case if everything is correct with clock frequency value, but the device still does not respond to

remote connection, please verify if target device (board) is alive:

1. Power supplies
  2. HRESET and SRESET status
  3. Clock configuration
  4. Input clock is present
  5. Output clock (CLKOUT) is oscillating
  6. Reset configuration settings

If the problem remains, please send CCS log to me to do more investigation. Please enable CCS log from Edit->Debug version Settings->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable logging, connect to the target again, the CCS log will be printed in CodeWarrior IDE.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos