cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader (MSC) doesn't load BIN

Jump to solution
davenadler
Senior Contributor I

K64F Freedom board, bootloader 2.0, MSC usage.
I built the bootloader with HID and MSC only enabled devices, with BL_APP_VECTOR_TABLE_ADDRESS 0xa000.
Updated the project to generate a BIN file and dragged it onto the MBED MSC loader to install it.

I connect the K64F USB to the host and see the expected window to drop BIN image, including the STATUS.TXT file.

So, looks like the bootloader built OK and is running OK.

When I drag the LED demo file onto this window, nothing happens except the filename is added to the directory:

166353_166353.PNGBootloader_doesn't_load.PNG

If I launch the LED test application via the debugger it does indeed blink the LED.

The LD file for the LED blink looks correctly set to start at 0xA000, matching the bootloader.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Best Regards, Dave

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Whoops, the bootloader 2.0 MSC only supports the "SB" secure-binary format (unlike the mbed loader).
Documented in a corner of the bootloader reference manual, aaarrgggg.....

NXP: This question has come up many times on this forum - It would be great if this was prominently explained in the documentation!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Whoops, the bootloader 2.0 MSC only supports the "SB" secure-binary format (unlike the mbed loader).
Documented in a corner of the bootloader reference manual, aaarrgggg.....

NXP: This question has come up many times on this forum - It would be great if this was prominently explained in the documentation!

0 Kudos