cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Netflix on iMX6 Android Marshmallow

brenolima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I managed to integrate Netflix on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow BSP for the i.MX6DL, i.MX6Q and i.MX6QP. I posted the step by step procedure on the i.mxdev blog:

Running Netflix on iMX6 Android Marshmallow - i.MXDev Blog 

I have also published a video on YouTube showing my solution:

Android 6.0.1M running Netflix on a i.MX 6 Dual Lite SABRESD - YouTube 

I'm open to suggestions and comments, please post your comments under this post.

7 Replies

danny_lu
Contributor II

Hi Breno,

I have successfully installed Android 6.0 on Imx6Dual board but when play video in Netflix, image and sound are lagging . Any possible reason?

Thank you

0 Kudos

brenolima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi danny.lu@healthstream.com.tw‌,

I believe the issue is related to AAC Plus Codec, could you please try the steps described in section "Adding AAC Plus Codec in the prebuilt image" of document below?

Running Netflix on iMX6 Android Marshmallow - i.MXDev Blog 

Thanks,

Breno Lima

danny_lu
Contributor II

Hi Breno,

Yes, you're right. Now Netlfix works. Is there any license issue I should be aware of ?

Thank you

Danny Lu

0 Kudos

brenolima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Danny,

You can have more details about the license in the "i.MX AndroidTM Extended Codec Release Notes", please check Android documentation in link below:

i.MX Software | NXP 

Thanks,

Breno Lima

0 Kudos

michaelguntli
Contributor IV

Hi Breno

Thank you, that explains why Audio is not working with the default images. Do you know the reason why the AAC codecs are not part of the demo images? Did you also measure the busload?

brenolima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

The AAC codecs are not part of the demo images because it has a different license, you can have more informations about the license on the "i.MX AndroidTM Extended Codec Release Notes" Android OS for i.MX Applications Processors|NXP. I didn't measure the busload, but would be nice to have this information.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Breno Lima,

That's very neat! Thank you for sharing it in the communities! I'm sure a lot users will find it interesting.

Regards,