How to change memory values using S32 design studio and PE Micro Universal FX Debugger ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change memory values using S32 design studio and PE Micro Universal FX Debugger ?

stso
Contributor III

Hello,

I was trying to change RAM values to debug my MPC5606B project in the S32 Design Studio for Power. As i tried to change the Mode Configuration Register for FlexCan_0 (0xFFFC0000) I recognized that I can't change any values in RAM. At every attempt i get the Following error message:

Edit failed:

Error writing memory block (Execution exception)

The byte contains no read-only bits. I also tried it with different addresses, but wasn't able to find any address in which I can write another value into.

I am currently trying to get memory editing to work with an emtpy project created by the project wizard (standrad S32DS project for am MPC5606B).

Editing the memory worked fine using WinIDEA with an iSystem IC5500 debugger.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Stefan,

I have confirmed this behavior on my side. The first error message is correct - FlexCAN module is not enabled in Mode Entry module, so any access to its registers will cause bus error.

However, it should not affect subsequent access to RAM memory - this is obviously a bug. I'm going to report this to SW team.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

stso
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. A colleague of mine is facing the same issue with the CodeWarrior IDE. Perhaps this is an issue of the PE-Micro Eclipse Plugin. Is it possible to inform me if new information on this issue is available ?

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for additional information. Yes, I will update this thread once I receive their feedback.

Lukas

0 Kudos