cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOR flash driver for the T1040RDB

vijayb1
Contributor II

hi,

I am new to nor flash driver hope to get some help here.

We are trying to access Nor flash (Micron parallel nor )mapped to 0xe8000000 on our T1040rdb reference design.

Our CFI query (0x98) is failing.

mw.w 0xe8000555 0xaa

mw.w 0xe80002aaa 0x55

mw.w 0xe8000555 0x90

mw.w 0xe8000555 0x98

And read back the device information

md 0xe8000000.

we are not able to read the contents.

1) Do we need to do any IFC setting to start the Nor flash read?

Thanks

Vijay

0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you have to configure IFC before accessing NOR flash connected to IFC, but in your case you said you can see CS assertions while accessing, this means IFC is already configured by debugger target initialization script or by your startup code. In this case you can read IFC registers to understand current settings - NOR flash address, size and bus width. Yes, your understanding is correct, if bus width is configured to be more than 8 bit, than this means your flash is connected in 16 bit mode and least significant address line is not used for flash connections, so command addresses must be shifted by one bit to properly come to correct input address lines of the flash.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vijayb1
Contributor II

Issue was with wrong port_width chaged the cfi query address offset to aaa, we can send cfi query command

0 Kudos

vijayb1
Contributor II

I did probe lines, I do see NOR flash is selected as CS0 and OE WE# are fine.

Is there any preset to enable read and write to NOR flash on CS0

0 Kudos