Hi, did you experienced any issues with ExploreNFC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, did you experienced any issues with ExploreNFC?

mariodileonardo
Contributor I

Hi there,

I was having issues installing the neard explorenfc proprietary nxp software, even though i've tried several time to make it work properly, and it even seems that the board is not recognised, like it's not connected (the SPI is already turned on). Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks Sincerely,

MarioImmagine.pngImmagine2.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

mariodileonardo
Contributor I
Hi Kan Li,

I have already tried to follow the quick start guide(the doc you have mentioned), but I am still running into errors even if I try to purge the packages from nxp and install them again. I am running a reduced version of “Jessie” called “Minibian” on a Raspberry Pi 3, maybe there’s a not satisfied dependency not explicitly declared as required in the downloadable .deb from nxp. Have you heard about any of it?

Have a great day

Mario Di Leonardo
0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mario,

Since your issue happened during removing and installing the neard explorenfc package, I recommend you installing a full version of "Jessie" image and check if it makes any difference.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mario,

Are you using Raspberry Pi with the EXPLORE-NFC board? If yes, Please kindly check if you are using Raspberry Pi Model B or B+ or Raspberry Pi 2/3, and if the Raspbian “Jessie” image is downloaded correctly, please kindly refer to http://cache.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11480.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=3&pageNum=1  for more details.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mariodileonardo
Contributor I
Hi Kan Li,

I have already tried to follow the quick start guide(the doc you have mentioned), but I am still running into errors even if I try to purge the packages from nxp and install them again. I am running a reduced version of “Jessie” called “Minibian” on a Raspberry Pi 3, maybe there’s a not satisfied dependency not explicitly declared as required in the downloadable .deb from nxp. Have you heard about any of it?

Have a great day

Mario Di Leonardo
0 Kudos