We are working on MPC8309TWR board. We need to boot the board using SD card.
Following are the changes we did for sdcard boot :-
1) Modified switch settings of tower board to SW8(OB_BOOT)=1, that will make BOOT_CFG[0:3]=[1:1:0:1] for esdhc boot
2) Above step will put MPC8309 tower board to hard-coded RCW, boot from eSDHC (in this mode no RCW word required)
BSP specific (These changes are mentioned in the document http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN3659.pdf ):-
1) Added macro to enable ramboot (CONFIG_SYS_RAMBOOT)
2) Changed TEXT_BASE to 0x1000000 (ram address)
3) Also changed IMMR address (#define CONFIG_SYS_IMMR 0xFFF00000)
4) compile uboot and used uboot.bin file
5) now configuration file used for format sdcard is taken from the link provided by ufedor (https://community.nxp.com/thread/432611#comments )
6) used bootformat utility to format the sd card (./boot_format cfg_file_sd_mpc8309.DAT u-boot.bin -sd /dev/sdb)
Still we are not able to boot from SD card. Is there anything missing from the above configuration. How can we debug the sdcard boot method.