cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6/Phytec: No version of libgl.so created

Jump to solution
patsandt
Contributor III

I want to output a png file to the HDMI on my custom board that is significantly derived from SabreLite. I have a Phytec module with the iMX6 Quad core on it.

I've been told that I cannot use fb.h nor ipu.h because they are not supported directly by Phytec. I've also been told that I must use EGL. All my EGL calls are working, but it seems I need gl to perform any useful work. (Actually, I'm hoping to use glDrawPixels.)

My bitbake recipe for the project uses CMake to build. I have included EGL & GLESv2, but glClearColor and all other "gl" things remain undefined (unlinked). I've tried to add FreeGLUT, but when I try to build it, libGL (part of building libGLU) is not found. Please note, I'm not saying that the symlink is non-existent. NO version of libGL exists under any name. (runtime links exist).

I have tried to get it "for free" by building mesa, but that builds without creating any libGL.so files.

Anyone who knows the magic trick should reply.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
patsandt
Contributor III

OKAY! Solved! The bitbake for my application uses CMakeLists.txt, which included a line to find_package(GLESv2 REQUIRED) and a line in the target_link_libraries section: ${GLESv2_LIBRARIES}. Note that this would the "standard" way that FindGLESv2.cmake would report, but in this case, the library should have been GLESv2_LIBRARY. When I changed the target_link_libraries section to "${GLESv2_LIBRARY}, the code linked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
patsandt
Contributor III

OKAY! Solved! The bitbake for my application uses CMakeLists.txt, which included a line to find_package(GLESv2 REQUIRED) and a line in the target_link_libraries section: ${GLESv2_LIBRARIES}. Note that this would the "standard" way that FindGLESv2.cmake would report, but in this case, the library should have been GLESv2_LIBRARY. When I changed the target_link_libraries section to "${GLESv2_LIBRARY}, the code linked.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pat

one can try offical L4.1.15 NXP BSP running on Sabre reference board
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/?h=imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga
Documentation
http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617...
libgl.so is described in attached Linux Manual sect.13.1.1.4 Library Structure

Regarding non-NXP boards like SabreLite/BD/Phytec, they are supported by its
vendors as its BSPs are customized for their boards and have lot of differencies
compared with NXP BSPs, support rules can be found on
https://community.freescale.com/message/402940#402940.

also one can post this to meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar this board
could try to assist you.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
patsandt
Contributor III

I've found two different versions of phytec recipes:

The one I was using had a file called imx-gpu-viv-5.0.11.p4.5-hfp.bb

I've found another: gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-3.10.31.1.1.0-hfp.bb (along with

gpu-viv-bin-mx6q.inc).

These are significantly different and I'm not sure which to use. The second

specifically removes libgl if x11 is not specified (DISTRO_FEATURES). The

first specifies that it does not provide libGL.so.

I'm inclined to go with the second (if I could get it to parse, but I

suspect that is my problem.)

They appear on different sites and I'm unclear which phytec recommends. Can

you figure that out for me?

Thanks.

Pat

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 5:26 PM, igorpadykov <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos