AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recovering a HCS08 project built with CW 10.6.4 to 10.7

Question asked by Joseph Stepien on Oct 17, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 by ZhangJennie

Had a hard disk crash recently and had to download CW Eclipse 10.7 to replace the 10.6.4 version that I'd used on the PC on which disk crashed.

Trying to port the project created for 10.6.4 into new 10.7 environment.  Was expecting this to be a simple matter of just copying the original project folder structure and its contents to the new drive and just clicking on the project file.  However, I haven't been able to locate the project file (what extension does it have) for the project to be ported in the legacy code or perhaps 10.7 doesn't like it or has changed it?  .  How can I recreate/import the original project without having to jump through hoops?   Last time this happened on a legacy HCS08 project created with CW 7.3 I had to essentially create a new project, importing each and every previous project file.  I'd like to avoid this laborious task since that took over 3 weeks to resolve with CW technical staff and the slow response times by the staff.  Additionally, this required extensive retesting of the legacy project since I couldn't be assured the image created with the new 10.6.4 platform was sufficiently similar to the original image created with CW 7.3.

Assuming you can help me recreate, where does CW 10.7 place the project folder for each project?  I'd expect it to be at the root of each project folder but this doesn't seem to be the case for 10.6.4 and may have resulted in this difficulty in recreating my platform and project.

Outcomes