cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash from file doesn't work

gerrykurz
Contributor I

Here is the console output when I try to flash the K20 device:

No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

GNU gdb (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors) 7.6.0.20140731-cvs

Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "--host=x86_64-apple-darwin10 --target=arm-none-eabi".

For bug reporting instructions, please see:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

0x00000468 in ?? ()

Quit

I did a clean build and ran it again, similar result

GNU gdb (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors) 7.6.0.20140731-cvs

Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "--host=x86_64-apple-darwin10 --target=arm-none-eabi".

For bug reporting instructions, please see:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

0x00000468 in ?? ()

Quit

any ideas?

In the console window, it seems like it is programming but the output flashes by so fast it is unreadable and there is no log.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

gerrykurz
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

Your video is too small and fuzzy to see what you are doing. Also I am using a Segger JTAG device. I tried clicking the attach to running target but I cannot see how to see if the flash is loaded or how to export memory. I do not know what viewing the trim field means. Can you please do a more step by step instruction?

Thanks

Gerry

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

Trim value is at 0x00040F, but Jlink interface doesn't have "attach" feature. So with Jlink and KDS, we couldn't view memory.

this document tells about "trim"

Yes, OSDA can trim the reference of internal clock source! 

Attach is the video of how to use "Flash from File... " to program chip via Jlink interface.

if you follow the video but still can not program, we need to confirm this problem is in one specific project or a common issue for all project. create a simple project( for example just light on a led), test it this simple project can work normal with "Flash from file".

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gerrykurz
Contributor I

Hi Jennie,

The binary file runs fine via debug mode but does not run via "Flash from file". In other words, the code works but I cannot program it to the K20 chip.

Gerry

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

I also attach a video of how to use "Flash to file". you will see after program, the blue led on board is on.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

first I suggest you check if you check if your code was successfully downloaded to flash with "Flash from file...".

thus you need attach a running target before launch.  thus KDS can launch debugger and connecting the running target without erasing flash. then we can check memory window if your application burning file is correctly programmed. I suggest you dump the flash content to a file to compare both of the two cases. refer below screenshot and video attached.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

secondly, I suggest you attached the target and view trim field. if the trim value is the same in both of cases (via debug mode but does not run via "Flash from file")

If all above is normal but problem persists, we need to confirm this problem is in one specific project or a common issue for all project. create a simple project( for example just light on a led), test it this simple project can work normal with "Flash from file".

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I tested "Flash from file..." from my side, I can see the same message as yours but the binary file is loaded to flash correctly and run normally.

Can the burning file run correctly on your side via  "Flash from file..." ?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

gerrykurz
Contributor I

Can I please get some help with this. The process for flashing the device in the help file does not work and I have tried searching here and elsewhere for information about this. There are a few web pages that show different ideas but none of them have worked. I find it hard to believe that such a basic function as writing code to flash is somehow not a well implemented part of this tool. Maybe I am missing something simple.....????

0 Kudos