nxp zigbee SoCs fully compatible with the firmware written for jennic jn5148 SoCs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nxp zigbee SoCs fully compatible with the firmware written for jennic jn5148 SoCs

marcello_ioppol
Contributor I

3 years ago i bought a jennic JN5148-EK010 evaluation kit and bought separately some other wireless nodes and wrote 2 separates firmware for them (a firmware for the controller and a fimrware for the nodes) in such a way i could create and enable applications within the 2.4GHz IEEE 802.15.4 ZigBee standard. The controller could coordinate the wireless nodes to transmit in mesh mode with a beacon signal of period equal to 60ms. do nxp have any controller and wireless nodes ready to use that are fully compatible with the JN5148-EK010 system-on-chips?i would like to reuse the firmware that i wrote for the jn5148 system-on-chips with the new modules. since i need exactly 14 wireless nodes i want to buy them separately from the controller. i can't find on sale anymore the the jn5148 wireless nodes and the controller bought with the evaluation kit. thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marcello,

You can take a look for the next path:

Support Resources for JN516x MCUs|NXP 

Also, the next kit would be useful for you:

ZigBee Evaluation Kit with NFC Commissioning|NXP 

Anoher option could be the JN517x. It supports the Zigbee or thread stack

IEEE802.15.4 Wireless Microcontroller|NXP 

Hope it helps.

Mario

0 Kudos

marcello_ioppol
Contributor I

dear mr castaneda,
thank you very much for getting back to me.
i have some other questions.
is the JN5169-001-M03-2 a standalone and ready-to-use module?i cannot buy a module that needs me to design a pcb.
can you suggest the name of the wireless controller with lcd display?can the JN5169-001-M03-2 work as a controller?
since i do not intend to buy an evaluation kit but instead to buy separately 14 nodes plus one controller how can i obtain a complete development kit for the network
(flahs programmer, ide and stack)?

thank you for helping with this issue.
marcello ioppolo

0 Kudos