<Service 'recovery' killed by signal 11> when using 800x480px screen on Android 6.0.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<Service 'recovery' killed by signal 11> when using 800x480px screen on Android 6.0.1

Jump to solution
tootzoe
Contributor III

Hi  all , 

i encountered a  bug,  i working on android 6.0.1 kernel 4.1.15, i using a screen with 800x400 pixel resolution, everythin works well excepting on recovery mode.

i make my board into recovery mode with ota update,  update process goes normally initially , when it going to be done, an error says "Service 'recovery' killed by signal 11" occurred  , then board did not reboot, and recovery progress clean 0 , then restart recovery progress.

when i change the resolution of screen back to 1024x768px, the ota recovery work well, so i thought the reason is that recovery program didn't find correct  image resource (png image) under 800x480px mode, this lead to a null pointer reference when finishing the recovery progress, i can't identify which png file now,

if somebody tell me how to fix this issues would be great appreciate! 

best regards!

toot_hzf

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tootzoe
Contributor III

eventually i find the bug was on coping log file action, in recovery.cpp line  396 ,

// copy_logs();

i comment this line, and ota upgrade OK now.......

By the way , debugging recovery section is time exhaust.... 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tootzoe
Contributor III

eventually i find the bug was on coping log file action, in recovery.cpp line  396 ,

// copy_logs();

i comment this line, and ota upgrade OK now.......

By the way , debugging recovery section is time exhaust.... 

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Huang Zhanfei,

I’m glad you found the issue. Thanks for sharing the fix! I’m sure it will help another community users and save a lot of debugging time! Debugging is always time consuming, it certainly is in Android in general.

Regards,

0 Kudos