cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication impossible between FTDI and JN5168-001-M00

ygensas
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm new with NXP ZigBee chip and the start is very hard.

I've several JN5168-001-M00 modules and I want to make a simple communication between us. One module have to wake-up on button pushed event, and send information to a central module.

So I try to setup 'BeyondStudio for NXP' toolchain (JN-SW-4141) and 'JN516x ZigBee Light Link/Home Automation' SDK (JN-SW-4168), with the template JN-AN-1184.

So the SDK is OK, but impossible to program the chip with an FTDI USB dongle. I've tried to connect FTDI to UART0 on pin 10 to 13. I've also tried to pull-up/down RESETN (pin 22) and MISO (pin 3). But nothing goes out from NXP module.

I think that I miss something big, but no idea.

Thanks for your help,

Regards

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

peteratia
Contributor I

Hello guys,

I'm also starting to use the JN5168-001-M00 module, so I was hoping to build a more active community for the JN5168 on Facebook, please join to share your experiences 

https://goo.gl/e7kxCm

Cheers

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ygen,

Did you take a look for the next reference design? Please be sure the JN5168 is power on, Pin 17.

http://www.nxp.com/documents/design_support/JN-RD-6021.zip?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1 

Also, I am assuming that you updated the FTDI driver.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

limcb
Contributor IV

In addition to this, if you are using a factory fresh FTDI IC, you need to program it's EEPROM with their FT_Prog exe. Get it here.

Once installed, plug in the FTDI to PC.

Open the FT_Prog > DEVICES > Scan and Parse (F5) > Double click "Hardware Specific" > Select IO Controls > Set C2 & C3 to [I/O MODE]. 

Clipboard01.png

0 Kudos