LS2088/LS2084 Ethernet management interface

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS2088/LS2084 Ethernet management interface

phillipspindler
Contributor I

I am looking at the Ethernet management interface and wanted to verify something.  

Rev E of the LS2085 Hardware Spec in section 3.12.1 states :  

EMI1 interface is used to configure SGMII and QSGMII PHYs. EMI2 interface is used to configure XFI and XAUI PHYs.  

Rev D of the LS2088 Hardware Spec section 3.12.1 does not have these sentences.  

I want to verify on the LS2088/48 are the EMI interfaces mapped to specific PHYs or can they map to either?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Rev E of the LS2085 Hardware Spec is preliminary and is not public. So it is better to create service request to the tech support, please see how Enter a Service Request to discuss confidential information

I see that there is QorIQ LS2085A/LS2088A Reference Design Board Reference Manual on the nxp site. It says that there are Copper PHY (AQR405) Optical PHY (CS4340) and both connected to the serdes via XFI. The two buses, EMI1 and EMI2 are connected to the CS4340 PHY and the AQR405 PHY transceiver devices, respectively. Each connection uses own voltage level translator - 1.8V<->2.5V and 1.8V<->1.2V. So I think 2 EMI buses are just suitable for different PHYs which have different management interface characteristics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos