cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

region `m_text' overflowed by 2612 bytes

Jump to solution
vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

I'm using my own board of MKV10Z32VLC7(which having 32-bit, Flash memory- 32KB, RAM - 8KB), when I'm trying to port the code(size about 29KB) from MC56F82726(32-bit, Flash memory- 32KB, RAM - 6KB) to MKV10Z32VLC7, it shows the error like "region `m_text' overflowed by 3136 bytes". But the same code is used for MC56F82726 of same flash memory(32KB) working fine and the code get downloaded. How to get out of this error??  MarMipavelrechDavidSkubanbvicentegomezkhumphriMandar‌Deactivated user‌dhavalhttps://community.nxp.com/community/kinetis

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please review your *.map file to see how much flash space the application wants.  If you have any code optimization you can do to reduce flash space that helps.

You can also open the Properties of the project and change the Optimization Level being used.  Typically it defaults to None so setting it to something higher can help save space.

image001.png

Clean and then re-build project and look at *.map file again.

Lastly, if neither help you probably need a KV device with more flash.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please review your *.map file to see how much flash space the application wants.  If you have any code optimization you can do to reduce flash space that helps.

You can also open the Properties of the project and change the Optimization Level being used.  Typically it defaults to None so setting it to something higher can help save space.

image001.png

Clean and then re-build project and look at *.map file again.

Lastly, if neither help you probably need a KV device with more flash.

Regards,

David

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi David E Seymour,

Thank you so much it worked fine now.

0 Kudos