cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC43xx USB and Ethernet

sanjoychakrabor
Contributor I

Hello,

I am progressing a pcb design using the LPC4337 microcontroller.

This design doesn't utilise either the ethernet or USB interfaces. I would like to know if it is necessary to apply any power, pull-up or pull-down resistor to continue to use the microcontroller correctly?

Regards

Sanjoy Chakraborty

0 Kudos
5 Replies

sanjoychakrabor
Contributor I

Thank you Ping,

I have referred to Table 188 prior to posting, but I want to know if you are experienced in the case of not using the USB driver. I want to ensure that leakage from other MCU power rails won't occur if I don't connect up the USB power and GND pins.

Regards

Sanjoy

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sanjoy Chakraborty,

Thanks for your reply.

In my opinion, the USB module will keep inactive if don't enable it and you can just leave these related pins alone.

I understand your worry, and I think the current leakage is impossible.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sanjoychakrabor
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do you know anything specific about the USB and ethernet power pins?

Cheers

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sanjoy Chakraborty,

The ENET module needn't any specific power circuit as the USB module does.

I'd highly recommend you to get the information of the pins in the Table 188 in the reference manual.

And I've also attached the sch of the MCB4300, please refer to it for details.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sanjoy Chakraborty,

The pin default function is digital pin, and you needn't do any setting, just leave these pins lone.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos