Porting same C/C++ compiler (and linker) on another PC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting same C/C++ compiler (and linker) on another PC

Salva
Contributor II

Hi, I've this problem: can I use the SAME compiler/linker on two different PC  ? (of course I mean to have exactly the same compiler/linker/SDK to generate exactly the same binary executable).

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Salvatore Stefano 

KDS and KSDK is a free, open-source software, so it does not have licensing problems and it can be installed in different PC with supported OS. What do you mean by SAME compiler/linker on two different PC  ? Do you mean like installing and running KDS on the cloud?

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

Salva
Contributor II

@Hi Jorge thanks for your answer. I mean to have exactly the same compiler/linker/SDK to generate exactly the same binary executable.

Kind regards

Salvatore Di Stefano

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Salvatore Di Stefano,

ARM GCC compiler is included in the KDS installation. It is recommended to remove any previous installation of ARM GCC from your PC before you install KDS.

If you install same version of the KDS on two machines, compiler and linker will be same.

I did not test, if the output is exactly same. May be there are some timestamps, that might be different?

SDK is not included in the KDS, so it is fully under your control, what version will be used.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos