Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5271 Call Stack Organization

TrickTronic
Contributor I
Hello,

I am working with the mcf5271 and Cdewarrior 5.6.1.1570

How can I get a description of how is the stack is organized.
I need that for my application in case of an exception to know what happened to cause this exception.
I can save the16kByte from the stack on a disk, but I have no glue whats the content and how to read it.

Thank you for helping hands,
Alex
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RichTestardi
Senior Contributor II
Hi,

You can look in C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.0\Help.

You'll see ColdFire_Build_Tools_Reference.chm which has the calling conventions info.

There is also Targeting_ColdFire.chm which has some of that information as well.

You might also find these in PDF format in C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.0\Help\PDF, though some of mine appear to be corrupt after installation.  I have found uncorrupt PDFs searching the freescale.com website.

For information on the exception frames (for after you crash), check out chapter 11 of "ColdFire® Family Programmer’s Reference Manual" -- that'll tell you the details of why you crashed.

Good luck!

-- Rich

0 Kudos

TrickTronic
Contributor I
The build tools reference was the best one to look at!

Exception handling and what was the reason of exceptions was not the problem.
I have for example an own implementation of an ASSERT-Function to determine programming errors within abstracted components.
Now I want to know which function called the component that caused the error. I think with that description it is possible.

Thank you!

0 Kudos