cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNEV5180 using cockpit

marthijnstruik
Contributor I

Hi,

Is this the correct forum for questions concerning the PNEV5180 evaluation board in combination with cockpit.

Gr Marthijn

0 Kudos
5 Replies

marthijnstruik
Contributor I

I'm using the evaluation board PNEV5180, for evaluating the PN5180. The goal is to read out the application ID as described in AN11744. Software and drivers are successfully installed. After starting "cockpit" I try the procedure as described:

1) load profile

2) Field on (NFC sample card place on the antenna)

3) activate layer 3 (succesful)

4) active layer => log monitor shows, palI14443p4.Sw.Generic.ActivateCard(Fsdi:08 0h,Cid:00 0h,Dri:00 0h,Dsi:00 0h,OUT Ats:00 0h). And the status line shows, layer 4A activation-->activation of the layer 144443-4a failed(HAL,IO_TIMEOUT) [failed in the activation of the layer 144443-4a]

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks marthijn

0 Kudos

michaelneurohr
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marthijn,

yes, you are on the right place here.

What card are you using exactly? The card that is within the package (NTAG 216) does not support ISO14443-4A (layer 4).

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

marthijnstruik
Contributor I

Hi michael,

Thanks for the quick reply ☺.

I’m not familiar (yet) with all the different standards, all new to me. Do I need to use the Type F tab in cockpit?

Marthijn.

0 Kudos

michaelneurohr
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marthijn,

well, it depends on the NFC tag you are using. Type F is used for the so called FeliCa cards.

Michael

0 Kudos

marthijnstruik
Contributor I

hi michael,

I use the card that came with the evaluation kit (NTAG216F), the only card I have. I would expect that it should be possible to read a TAG id by sending a command using the evaluation kit together with cockpit. But the quick starting guide does not mentioned this. Secondly I can not find a more detailed description of the evaluation kit in combination with this card. My goal as hardware engineer is to evaluate different antennas in different structures for new product development using (maybe) the PN5180. A easy test for me would by reading the card id in different constructions / housings etc. using the evaluation kit.. But sending the id command seems only possible when layer 4 is activated, which is not supported by the card that came with the evaluation kit. Do you have a good suggestion?

Marthijn

0 Kudos