Hide NTAG216 information

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide NTAG216 information

lucasmoretto
Contributor I

I have recently seen many NFC tags that are not detected in smartphones by applications such as TagInfo, NfcTools, etc. Generally, the tags are Mifare Classic type, where I imagine that some sectors have been modified or some password.

Thus, the tag means undetectable for smartphones.

I have two questions about this practice:

1) In the case of these modified tags, to use them in android, is there any way to get an "intent" within the application? I mean take advantage of the resources offered by SDK android.

2) Is there any way to do this with tags type NTAG216?

I'm studing NTAG216 data sheet wanting to find a way of read/write lock.
I like to try the lock using a password (but i think that information of tag will be available for reading from another software).
I'm not sure about the differences betwen static and dynamic lock bytes too. Maybe, one of them is what i need.

In NTAG216 data sheet, section 8.5.3, it's quoted another document: "Ref. 9 “AN11456 NTAG215/216(F)/NTAG I2C Using the dynamic lock bits to lock the tag”. I couldn't find this document on web.
Someone has this document? I don't know if I can find this on NXP docstore (waiting for registration approval)

Thanks for attention

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, this AN11456 is in the NXP docstore.

0 Kudos

lucasmoretto
Contributor I

Hi Jimmy,

I'm not getting access to NXP docstore. Can I use your contact name on NXP registration form?

Thanks

0 Kudos