T2080RDB External GPU (E8860)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080RDB External GPU (E8860)

sagee
Contributor I

I am very new to building yocto images and I have been strugging for weeks on how to incorporate a generic driver to output video via the E8860 PCIe x16 (x4 slot) card. No matter what I have tried I can not get xfce to start.  It fails because it can not open a display.  I'm not sure if it's because I do not have the ATI proprietary drivers for that card since the only drivers they have do not support the platform or if I'm not including the correct recipes.  

From the weeks of working i noticed that  frame buffer device is not be initiated for the gfx card. I modified the kernel to allow for simple frame buffers and all the ATI support that was present in the menuconfiguration but that did not help either.  There is a radeon and ati kernel module but it doesn't allow for the display to open.  I have also tried to use xrandr and that reports "Can't open display".   

Can anyone help me with this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

sagee
Contributor I

Bump!! 

I have been trying to figure this out for about two weeks and I can not get the build to recognize the video card as a FB device.  I have build and rebuilt.  I've tried to compile the driver on the target but it complains about x11 being missing but I specifically put x11 in the build.  I do not have a clue what is going on.  Is there anyone out there that can help?????????

0 Kudos

sagee
Contributor I

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos