I cant't install mbed virtual serial port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant't install mbed virtual serial port

jxfztm
Contributor I

Hello everyone, when I try to install mbed virtual serial port following instruction of https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/USBSerial, i met a problem as follows.

First, I plugged my mbed usb to my computer(win7), it showed

pastedImage_4.png

then I followed the instructions, however it showed

pastedImage_5.png

How can I solve this problem? Anybody helps? Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi customer,

Could you tell me which board you are using?

I found in your picture, there has a mbed COM4:

pastedImage_1.png

Is this COM from your board? If yes, your mbed virtual serial port is ok to use.

Please remove the board and connect it again, just make sure the CDC DEVICE is really your board's device.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jxfztm
Contributor I

Hi, my board is FRDM K64F, which has 2 usb port, sda usb and k64 usb.

mbed serial port(com4) refers to sda usb, which used for flashing, debugging and so on.

I just could not install k64 usb driver, which refers to virtual serial port, and CDC DEVICE occurs after I connect k64 usb  interface to PC.

How could I solve this problem? Thanks...

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Customer,

If you didn't use the K64 USB code, you just need to connect J26 usb port in the FRDM-K64 board, this port is the mbed virtual serial port, I found it already works on your side.

J22 is for the k64 USB port, this is for your K64 usb code, if you didn't debug the USB code, you don't need to use it.

If you run the K64-USB CDC code, you can refer to the KSDK2.0-FRDM-K64 sample code, which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert 

Download the FRDM-K64 package, then you can find the USB-CDC code in folder:

SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom

The according CDC info driver is in folder:

SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom\inf

No USB sample code, you just need to use J26, you don't need to connect J22 port.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jxfztm
Contributor I

Hi, I do as you said. However when I install k64 usb driver in folder:

SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom\inf

it shows as follows,

pastedImage_2.png

how can I solve this problem, should I modify the *.inf file, how to?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi customer,

Did you download this CDC code before?

C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom\bm

If with CDC usb project still have this problem, it should relate to your win7 PC system, did you use WIN7 legal version?

I have try it on my win7 PC, I didn't reproduce your problem, but I find in our local community, some customer use the non-legal Win7 system have this problem.

You can try this method:

1. Check PC folder:c:\windows\inf

Do you have mdmcpq.inf file?

2. Check PC folder:c:\windows\system32\drivers

Do you have usbse.sys?

If you don't have it, please use my attach file, and copy it to the according path, then reset the board, and install the inf file again.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos