Programming FlexNV EEPROM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming FlexNV EEPROM

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

I have configured the FlexNVM for EEPROM operation and confirmed I can read and write to it.  The question is, how do I initially program the EEPROM when it is flashed?  The arp file implies that it is for program flash, data flash, and EEPROM, but it's not clear how to give the EEPROM initial values at program time and I can't seem to get it to work.  I've set the partition code to use all 64K of FlexNVM for EEPROM backup, and the EEPROM size is 4K.  If I leave the partition code set for data flash, then the arp file programs the data flash.  This is on a KE18F512VLL16.  I've tried locating the EEPROM region at 0x10000000 (flexNVM start) and 0x14000000 (flexRAM start), but the programming step reports an error in either case, and the EEPROM section is blank.

Don't know if it's related, but in KDS 3.2, the option to set the FlexNVM partition code under advanced options in the debug configuration does not appear to work.  I set the configuration by changing the default values in the startup code section.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

I'm afraid that your purpose can't be implemented, the user should follow the EEPROM mechanism to write or store the data and the pre-programed data in the EEPROM backup area is incompatible with the particular mechanism.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Thank you Jeremy, it turns out that yes, the FlexNV EEPROM can be given initial values during the programming process, however, the partitioning operation in the KDS debugger window does not accept all the valid values for the DEPART and EESize, those should be remedied.

0 Kudos