Unable to Use the PNE Connection in Run Mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Use the PNE Connection in Run Mode

brentgreenwald
Contributor III

I have been running the TWR-K2F120MA tower board In "Debug Mode" using the PNE configuration for micro USB. however when I try to run the board in "Run Mode" the PNE config. is not there. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brent Greenwald

What IDE are you using? if you are using KDS could you check the following post:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/10/04/emulating-eclipse-run-with-debug-configuration/ 

It shows how to emulate the RUN configuration with P&E and Segger debug interface in KDS. If this is not your issue, could you give a little more information of your issue?

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

brentgreenwald
Contributor III

so their is no actual run mod just settings in the debug mode?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brent,

in the world of embedded programming, there is no such thing like 'run' as you might know it from the desktop world. In the embedded world you have 'download' or 'flash' (with some kind of downloader or debugger). Then this tool can perform a reset and a 'continue': and this is typically done either by a hardware reset or by the debugger.

So 'debug mode' only describes under which context you execute the above steps. It has nothing to do with the actual binary because the debug information remains on the host system and is not on the target.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos