cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual contact-contactless reader IC

markburger
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to know if NXP has any IC that is a all-in-one, stand alone, USB contact and contact less reader IC, we have to design a dual smartcard reader and it would be nice to use a single chip. Right now we already have one but we are using two separate reader for this, one for contact smartcards and one NXP for NFC card (PN5331).

We would like to redesign this reader with a single chip that support both functions and that is a plug and play solution, no need to develop any FW. Just by connecting the chip to the PC using a USB port and installing the drivers it work, just like the PN5331.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mark,

I think PN7462 should meet your requirements, please kindly refer to PN7462 | All-in-one NFC Cortex-M0 MCU 160kB Flash|NXP  for more details.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos