I have an i.MX7 SABRE SDB with an eMMC memory chip installed (SD3 port). I would like to use the Yocto Build system to create a Linux /BSP boot image for i.MX7SBARD SDB and flash the boot image to the eMMC chip.
Here is what I have done.
1. Downloaded and installed L3.14.52_1.1.0_ga-mfg-tools from NXP.
3. Set SW3 on the SDB to enable the serial download for mfgtool.
4. Leave UICfg.ini in default setting.
5. Modified the default cfg.ini - changed [LIST] "name" and [variable] "mmc"
6. Executed MftTool2.exe and got an error code 4. (I was hoping to program the pre-built image that came with the mfgtool)
1. What bitbake commands I need to run to create the binary files for the eMMC chip?
a. So far I have only run "bitbake fsl-image-machine-test" to generate a SDCARD image.
2. What additional files I need to get the L3.14.52_1.1.0_ga-mfg-tools to program the binary files to eMMC?
3. Could NXP help with the cfg.ini file?
4. Is there a good document that explains how to modify cfg.ini file? Documents from the mfgtool package appear to be too simplified. Example: there is no discussion on the [variable] section.
Thank you very much,
chip = Linux
board = SabreSD
name = eMMC
board = sabresd
mmc = 2
seek = 1