How can I add Processor Expert to an existing MQX BSP, using KDS 3.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add Processor Expert to an existing MQX BSP, using KDS 3.2

robertyork
Contributor II

I have imported a BSP for the K70 tower board (bsp_twrk70f120m) and want to work off of that as my baseline for a new board, but it doesn't have Processor Expert enabled. In CW, when doing the same thing, I'm fairly sure PE came already set up for the BSP.

How can I add PE to this BSP? Is there another K70 tower board BSP with PE already set up I can use?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

robertyork
Contributor II

No, that doesn't really help.

I understand it's supported in CW or IAR, but we're not using those tools. I'm trying to keep a consistent tool chain together for the Kinetis parts I use. When NXP moved away from CW, they moved to KDS. I need the same functionality that I had before. I don't want to purchase and move to an entirely new tool set just because NXP can't get their tools together. I need a company that provides an end-to-end solution, not a patch work of random different tools that work fine one with one part, but not a different part in the same family.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert

PE support with KDS is enabled in KSDK.  But current KSDK not support K70.

I think Codewarrior is a good solution to enable PE support with MQX for K70.

You also have an option to try to use Processor Expert driver suite. I attached a document about using Processor Expert to Generate Code for IAR, it may help for you to generate code for KDS. I hope it helps.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos