cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis: Streaming Video

armendgecaj
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am using Kinetis K60F MK60FN1M0 with CodeWarrior for MCU v10.6 and i have a question.

I connected a camera (OV2640) to my microcontroller. For the communication i am using the I2C Bus. The camera data lines are connected to the GPIO port pins.

Here are the connections:

pastedImage_1.png

Now i want to stream a live-video from my camera to my computer. But how can i do this in codewarrior?

Have somebody any idea?

Have somebody a link (or a PDF) where i can learn something about streaming a video from a camera in codewarrior?

I think the pixels are in the data lines (D0, D1, ....., D7) but how can i show them in a video?

I have searched in the internet but i could not find anything.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Armend

0 Kudos
4 Replies

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

What byte/pixel rate does your camera say you will have to process?  Where is the 'live video' going after it gets into MK60 RAM?

0 Kudos

armendgecaj
Contributor III

Hi

you have written 'byte/pixel rate', if you mean the image transfer rate it is UXGA: 15fps.

The camera transmits image data signals over eight data lines in parallel.

i get the data signals from my GPIO pins. Now i want to show this data (as a video) on my computer. But how can i do this?

Have codewarrior a video player? Or have i to transmit the data to a other programm (e.g. windows media player)?

You see it is the first time i work with a camera, so i have not much experience.

Best Regards

Armend

0 Kudos

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

What I mean is that your chip specs a pixel datarate of 27.78ns, or 36MHz, for the psuedo-UXGA 15fps mode.  You are NOT going to be able to pull that byte rate in thru GPIO pins, let alone decode the RGB packing.  You need to interface your camera to a controller with a dedicated video-in-port, such as the 'camera interface' on many members of the i.MX family, or 'video in' as into Vybrid.  THEN the process to transfer to a PC, say over Ethernet, is another significant process, and THAT must, as you say, connect to a video player on said PC using a protocol IT can understand.  Video-processing is NOT a trivial task, there is a LOT of data to handle in real-time.

armendgecaj
Contributor III

Ok thank you very much.

I will try my best.

Best Regards 

Armend

0 Kudos