Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip Specific Configuration

Jump to solution
knishi
Contributor I

Hi, community.

Where could we find the ACTUAL meaning for the enum variable that explained as chip-specific on the SDK API manual?

For example, if I check the kPort_MuxAlt2 (which explained as chip specific), I tried to find the EXPLICIT explanation *(such as kPort_MuxAlt2: use for something) when and how I will use this value on either SDK API manual and reference manual for the chip.

Unfortunately, the Kinetic expert pin configuration tool is not compatible for the chip I am testing right now.

Is there any single document with explicit explanation to find the function on the specific chip?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kazunori,

The Kinetis MCU Reference Manual's Chapter 10 "Signals Multiplexing and Signal Descriptions" has a table to show the multiplexing on each pin and it is the "ALTn" parameter that is used to select the desired pin functionality.

Example from the K64P144M120SF5RM_Rev2.pdf:

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

David 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kazunori,

The Kinetis MCU Reference Manual's Chapter 10 "Signals Multiplexing and Signal Descriptions" has a table to show the multiplexing on each pin and it is the "ALTn" parameter that is used to select the desired pin functionality.

Example from the K64P144M120SF5RM_Rev2.pdf:

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

David 

knishi
Contributor I

Thank you, David.

That is what I am looking for.

Regards

0 Kudos