Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible error in LPC81x User Manual

Jump to solution
hannobraun
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I've found a possible error in the LPC81x User Manual. I would like to determine if this really is an error, and if this is a good place to contact NXP about it, or whether I should choose some other channel.

This is about the LPC81x User Manual (UM10601), Rev. 1.6, from 2 April 2014 (direct link: http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10601.pdf). As far as I can tell, this is the latest version.

Table 3 (page 12, section 3.3.1) contains a list of interrupt sources. The interrupts in this table correspond to the bits in various NVIC registers, namely ISER0, ICER0, ISPR0, ICPR0, and IABR0. As far as I can tell, the bits in those registers are completely identical (i.e. the same interrupts are assigned the same bits).

Here's the problem: Table 3 indicates that interrupt number 14 is reserved. The documentation of the mentioned registers (for example, ISER0, table 5, page 16, section 3.4.1) has an interrupt at bit 14. In the case of ISER0, ISE_FLASH. I couldn't fint any references to a flash-related interrupt in the user manual, so I'm guessing table 3 is correct and the register descriptions are in error.

I have two questions now:

• Does interrupt 14 indeed not exist (i.e. is table 3 correct)?
  • Is anyone from NXP reading this? Ideally, the mistake would get fixed in the user manual.

Thank you,

Hanno

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ckphua
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We will add Interrupt 14 in the next release of the UM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hanno Braun,

Definitely, there's a document issue, and I agree with you.

However before give you a 100% confirmed reply, I need to contact with the document team for checking.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
hannobraun
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou,

thanks a lot for your reply. Have you had any luck getting in touch with the documentation team?

Have a nice day,

Hanno

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hanno,

Sorry, I'm still waiting for the reply, I will inform you ASAP if I get the reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
hannobraun
Contributor II

Understood. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
ckphua
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We will add Interrupt 14 in the next release of the UM

0 Kudos
kurtmirdell
Contributor II

I would guess that there is an undocumented interrupt generated by the flash, probably when programming. The documentation is identical for the LPC82X parts (UM10800 rev 1.0, 24 Maj 2016).

Life would be much easier for developers if the documentation was correct and/or if NXP put a little more effort in answering questions about documentation.

0 Kudos