Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL27Z128 USB HID Mouse remote wakeup issue

Jump to solution
waynelin
Contributor I

Dear

KL27 support remote wake but I use KL27Z128 I can’t find remote wake in KL43 sample code is this function ready in KL43 and support KL27Z128.

Best regards,

Wayne

1 Solution
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

I have finished testing the HID mouse remote wakeup demo on FRDM-KL43 board. Attached the demo project in IAR. 

Before you run the demo, please make sure you have enabled USB wakeup support in PC BIOS. Also you need to plug in AC power with your laptop, otherwise you will not be able to wakeup laptop with HID mouse. See below image for example.

pastedImage_1.png

When you run the demo, you will see console output as follows first and HID mouse detected on PC and it circles in one square.

USB device HID mouse demo

When you close your laptop lid, you will see PC suspended and console output as follows.
USB device remote wakeup state: 1
USB device start suspend
USB device suspended.
Please Press 'SW3' to remote wakeup the host.

When you press SW3 on FRDM-KL43 board, you will see console output as follows and PC waking up by HID mouse.
Remote wakeup the host.
USB device start resume
USB device resumed.
USB device remote wakeup state: 0

Finally please note you need to power OPENSDA USB port to another PC which does not suspend at all, otherwise the board will be removed power when the laptop suspends

Hao

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

I have one demo which works on K65 tower board for showing suspend/resume feature. I am working on porting this to FRDM KL43 board. Will post it here once I finished testing the demo. 

Hao

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

I have finished testing the HID mouse remote wakeup demo on FRDM-KL43 board. Attached the demo project in IAR. 

Before you run the demo, please make sure you have enabled USB wakeup support in PC BIOS. Also you need to plug in AC power with your laptop, otherwise you will not be able to wakeup laptop with HID mouse. See below image for example.

pastedImage_1.png

When you run the demo, you will see console output as follows first and HID mouse detected on PC and it circles in one square.

USB device HID mouse demo

When you close your laptop lid, you will see PC suspended and console output as follows.
USB device remote wakeup state: 1
USB device start suspend
USB device suspended.
Please Press 'SW3' to remote wakeup the host.

When you press SW3 on FRDM-KL43 board, you will see console output as follows and PC waking up by HID mouse.
Remote wakeup the host.
USB device start resume
USB device resumed.
USB device remote wakeup state: 0

Finally please note you need to power OPENSDA USB port to another PC which does not suspend at all, otherwise the board will be removed power when the laptop suspends

Hao

0 Kudos
bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

In one of the other treads a while ago:

"Kan_Li Employee:

The AE team has reported this issue to the doc team, this
version will be updated soon, bit 2-3 of USBx_CTL are
available just as other parts with OTG, and bit3 has some
description issue, which will be updated as well. bit3 of
USBx_CTL isn't used for Host only, and KL27 can support remote
wakeup feature."