Is there any yocto branch which support destop on imx5/6 serial reference boards

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any yocto branch which support destop on imx5/6 serial reference boards

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am working on upgrading the kernel from 2.6x to 4.x for our imx535 projects. I am now can build the uboot,kernel from yocto, but the ubuntu desktop will not started with my mx53qsb reference board. somebody has suggestions and shares about how to build or porting a desktop like ubuntu to imx5/6 or there is already one please inform me.

thanks!
Wenming

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

I compared the ltb build with ubuntu10.04 version with bitbake fsl-machine-test.  fsl-machine-test one donot including the ipu,vpu and gpu drivers, is only start the uart console with tty. Does somebody know the patches for the gpu,vpu,ipu I need to perform or where can I get it ?

thanks!

wenming

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

one can try to build fsl-image-qt5 which Builds an opensource Qt 5 image. These images are only
supported for i.MX SoC with hardware graphics. They are not supported on the i.MX 6UltraLite and i.MX 7Dual.

0 Kudos

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

Joan,

Thanks a lot. which branch has the fsl-image-qt5, I am using the master, it seems not on master branch.

0 Kudos