Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-KV58F220M

Jump to solution
a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am testing some demo project on TWR-KV58F220M and have the following question:

1) When I am trying to program the board by using PEMICRO Multilink universal (rev B) and failed. It should be related to PEmicro OpenSDA firmware because it shows MDED now? Where can I get it? I can use this tool to program the other board, like TWR-K65F180M, FRDM-K66F and etc...?

2) Which connector should I use J27 or J13(JTAG)?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The core should not matter (it is indicative only). It is preset to M7 for me (I cannot change it):

pastedImage_1.png

Are you really using the latest P&E software?

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
onkarhiremath
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am using the same KV58F220M with GHS V4 probe. 

It seems that I can communicate with the board with J27 i.e. CS - 10, but it fails when I connect the same board with J13 i.e. CS - 20.

Do we have any clue on this?

What could possibly be wrong here?

Thanks, 

Onkar

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, all

I have tested on my TWR-KV58F220M board and KDS3.0, if I use multilink universal device and open J19 and J20 on TWR-KV58F220M, I can download and debug as the following website.

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/06/24/first-steps-arm-cortex-m7-and-freertos-on-nx 

But if I use the KDS tools and use openSDA based on TWR-KV58F220M-QSP.zip, I have tried all the   opsda in the package, but all failed, even the PC can not recognize the device. Another engineer tried to use Keil tools with the attached mbed open SDA, it is okay.

I suggest you use multilink universal device at the time being if you use KDS tools.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

Use J13 with an external SWD/JTAG probe, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/06/24/first-steps-arm-cortex-m7-and-freertos-on-nxp-twr-kv58f220m/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

Where can I download OpenSDA firmware for PEMICRO Multilink universal (rev B)? Should be different from J-link, right?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When you debug it with the the P&E software (e.g. through Kinetis Design Studio), it will automatically update the firmware on the P&E Universal Multilink. I recommend that you use Kinetis Design Studio V3.2.0.

Make sure you have the latest P&E software (in Eclipse: Help > Install new software, then point to the http://www.pemicro.com/eclipse/updates  update site.

Erich

0 Kudos
a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

I think that I already update the driver for P&E Universal Multilink because it works with TWR-K65F180M, FRDM-K66F,and etc.

I think that I only need to change OpenSDA firmware on this board in order to work with P&E Universal Multilink.

I want to know which firmware I should use for this board, I can update?

For TWR-K65F180M, I am using: DEBUG-FRDM-K64F_Pemicro_v108a_for_OpenSDA_v2.0.bin

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using an external debug probe like the P&E Universal Multilink or a Segger J-Link on J13, you do not need to update the board OpenSDA firmware (you don't need it at all). All the OpenSDA firmware files shall be available here: OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

I downloaded DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin by drag&drop to boot-loader.

now I can see OpenSDA-CDC Serial port(http://www.pemicro.com/opensda) that is the same as when I plug TWR-K65F180M.

But, when I open debug in KDS and try to debug, I got the error.

see attached doc...

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos
a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

Looks like I can't choose core "M7"...

Regards,

Christie

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The core should not matter (it is indicative only). It is preset to M7 for me (I cannot change it):

pastedImage_1.png

Are you really using the latest P&E software?

Erich

0 Kudos
a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

If I re-select "KV58F1M0M22" instead of "KV58F1M0M24", I can select M7 core mad works fine for programming.

Could you tell me what I need to update?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos
a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

I am using KDS 3.2.0 and KDSK 2.0 for TWR-KV58F220M. I have to select KV58F1M0M22 instead of KV58F1M0M24 to make debug work.

Could you tell me if I need to do updating on KDS 3.2.0 and how?

There is any problem if am using KV58F1M0M22?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using the latest P&E software, then only this should show up:

pastedImage_1.png

Can you confirm you have installed this version:

pastedImage_2.png

?

0 Kudos