i.MX6 QUAD custom board advise

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 QUAD custom board advise

jpe1313
Contributor II

So, we've been prototyping with the MCIMX6Q-SDB and right now we are only using the Ethernet, SATA and will be using some GPIO pins for some LEDs in our final board with the i.MX6Q chip.  And I'm using the "core-image-base" on the SD card with my program added.

If we are not planning to use the Multimedia interface, the Audio, the Graphical sensors, etc. what do you have to do to guarantee that the CPU will work correctly?

Also, is it o.k. software wise to use the "core-image-base" and not create a custom board configuration. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Janet

yes seems core-image-base would be fine, regarding guarantee one can check

AN4724 i.MX 6Dual/6Quad/6DualPlus/6QuadPlus Product Usage Lifetime Estimates

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4724.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jpe1313
Contributor II

Igor,

Thanks for the software answer.  As for the question

"If we are not planning to use the Multimedia interface, the Audio, the Graphical sensors, etc. what do you have to do to guarantee that the CPU will work correctly?"

That was a hardware question - to clarify.  Which PINS do we need to make HIGH or LOW or can we leave them floating.  We have looked through some documents, but it isn't quite clear to us. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Janet

unused pins can be left floating, also one can look at
sect.2.8 Unused analog interfaces i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide
http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos